Friday, March 7, 2014

Indonesian Youth and Globalization

Globalization helps us a lot. I write this blog is an example of I am one of everyone in the world who can’t avoid globalization. I can get any information for like just 1 minute through the internet.  I don’t have to go the market to buy daily needs. But, because of globalization too, most of us has forgotten what is our traditional food and some of us don’t want to wear batik because they said that it’s too old fashioned. We also like to think that imported goods are better than domestic product.

Almost of us wear branded clothes just to show off. When the sale comes, the teenagers will go to the mall and buy many things that I think they don’t need them, they just see all those things in sale and they feel that they must buy those things because it’s cheaper than usual. But, what actually happened is they are becoming more and more consumptive. 

Nowadays, youths also are more individualistic. They feel that they don’t need others because they can do all things by his self. Many of them also can’t respect other people especially the older one anymore.  They also become more insolent when his parents give them advice. Our east cultures which always respect others start to change. They watch movies for example how western people call his dad with his own name and many of us try to carry it out in here. But, some of us assume that act too over so they make that simple act which is not harm Indonesian culture to be a bad habit.

Puberty is the time when we find what is in ourselves. In this stage, many of us get the bad impact from globalization. For example, they take drugs or smoke and do something that immoral in east culture. Nevertheless, I believe that globalization is good for us. But we, as the next generation have to try to not receive all those things without knowing which is good or bad for us. We could develop our country with the help of globalization such as, participate in international conference or study abroad and bring back the knowledge to build a better Indonesia.  Are you ready to deal with globalization?

Gisela Bianca - 1701306070

Source : https://www.academia.edu/302381/Globalization_and_Its_Impact_on_Youth ; http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/archive/the-role-of-indonesian-youth-in-nation-building/
Posted on by IPEsquad-irbinus | 5 comments

5 comments:

  1. Nice explanation bianca, i think most of us as Indonesian people who never can decline 100% about Globalization which already hit our country, need to learn more how to give the right attitude to response. Use to understand the exact meaning about the Globalization it self, mature enough to response as well. So it will not make "increase" the bad impacts from the Globalization for us. We do need to filter the informations and learning so we also make way better result than the bad ones.

    good luck!
    Margareta Vania - 1701294726
    from http://ipe-irbinus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^This girl sure is fast

    Back to the topic, I really can't agree even fifty percents with your article Miss Bianca. This article is really against my POV. I would also like to clarify the second and third sentences, do you mean "For the example : This blog could be seen by a lot of people throughout the world, I could give them information and receive it back within less than 1 minute depending on my internet speed."

    But first thing first, I have objection for the aspect "forgotten". As we all already knew, the internet, part of the mighty globalization, is contributing in promoting our beloved "Batik". I'm supporting my comment with a picture, which you could see here :
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2UWH7p7jpeo/UMwAK1wVzYI/AAAAAAAAAak/fOgPSn_edp4/s300/487146_403123403084371_1203127672_n.jpg

    and a website http://www.batikindonesia.com. Adding to the present facts, all of these was made by Indonesian's youth. Second argument, is just like Miss Margareta has stated above, "bad impact" was not created through the globalization, but through the shaping of nation's morale. If our nation's morale is strong enough to face the waves of globalization, sure is the "impact" could be minimized.

    Keep the good posting!

    Andy Widopo - 1701372482

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. :)
      Maybe, I'm not good enough in explain what I mean in my head to the writing so I think there's some misunderstanding here... hahaha.
      In this post, I didn't blame the globalization as the intruder of our youths, I write about the negative impact of globalization to our youth. Yes, I agree with you that globalization help us a lot. Without it, we can't share our culture to other country.
      Thank you for your information about the batik website. Yes, there are also youth who can use the globalization to foster the Indonesian culture but there are also who be the victim. So, with this post I hope I could remind the youths before it's too late.
      Thank you . :D

      Delete
  3. I disagree with your statement that said: "youths also are more individualistic. They feel that they don’t need others because they can do "all things" by his self."
    Can you give the example that nowadays youth can do all things by themselves? I am social human, I am not including in that group. If they can do all things by themselves, it means they must have their own job, and get a lot of money, and then stay alone, and then cooking food alone, buying materials alone, they don't need lecturer because they can study individually.. So, how about that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that we are all social human so I said that youth "feel" like they don't need others . I give you an example, many of us think that the money which is given to them by their parent is theirs but you know it's actually not theirs and they used it with no responsibility.
      I didn't mean that youths can do anything by themselves, I mean that they just feel like the can do things by his self without thinking others. And this statement not for all the youth, I just give an example because I have friends who did like that.
      Thank you for sharing your ideas and I hope this could explain the misunderstanding. :)

      Delete